Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Whetu and Nick



I just love going tothe theatre. I felt like I was in a play. On
Wednesday 31st July I went on a school trip to the theatre.
We watched Whetu and Nick at the Vodafone Event Centre in
Manukau.


Room 1 had to take buddies. My buddy was Eshia. We had a fun
time at the theatre but I don’t think Eshia understood Whetu.
I loved the sound effects as well as the backgrounds. The funny
part was when Miss Lee was sleeping during the show.


The other schools were so loud during the show some people were
talking over. Whetu and Nick were  really loud so the audience
could hear them. Whetu and Nick is about a Maori girl named
Whetu and a British boy named Nick who were on an adventure
to find a map. Nick came to New Zealand on Captain Cook’s ship
called the Endeavour.


They searched for the map until Whetu gave Nick her Manu
tukutuku and it flew away. Whetu got angry but Nick kept saying
sorry and she forgave him. The Manu tuku tuku is a kite that
looked like bird. Nick had a gun and shot a bird. That made
Whetu angry.


It was funny wen Nick acted. There were three characters
Whetu, Nick and Tawhirimatea the God of wind. They never
changed the background. Even though I didn’t like the show
it was still fun. The person who played Whetu was a character
on Shortland Street.


It was not the best show I had ever seen. At least I had a
fun time. On the way back to school we all saw Rainbows End.
I wished we could had gone to Rainbows End. I thought back to
the show and realised how short the show was. I loved how fluent
Whetu spoke. I felt like I was in a cage watching
something I didn’t want to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment